APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Tax Staff Accountant. In this role, you will assist the tax department and our subsidiaries with a variety of tax and accounting items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include, but not limited to the following:
- Preparation and management of tax return filings including estimated payments, extensions, certified mailings and signature coordination and tracking
- Preparation of tax workpapers and returns
- Assist senior tax accountant with state tax notice management including resolving issues and discussions with state tax authorities
- Assist with tax research
- Assist in federal and state tax audits
- Assist with business registrations and state tax account matters
- Assist in legal entity compliance requirements with vendor, CT Corporation
Other responsibilities will be added as appropriate. Our objective is to provide a challenging environment to increase the potential for your advancement within the APi companies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management and employees, clients, external vendors and other business associates.
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and information.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors and clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in accounting;
Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs, and have the ability to perform high-level function in them. Able to learn to use the current in-house accounting system and other software such as: WebApps, Microsoft Dynamics AX, COINS, OneStream, and Sage Depreciation
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires sitting
- Requires ability to move around an office environment
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires reading and creating letters, documents and memos
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise)
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Requires work with others in a group or team, Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with moderate office equipment noise levels
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.