Mears Installation, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Installation, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Area Safety Manager
This position will be responsible for area level safety leadership across an assigned area at Focus shall be field safety leadership in an assigned area. Area Safety Manager Position will report to the Regional Safety Manager or other assigned department senior manager
What Do You Offer Us?
- Embody and apply core values: safety, quality, integrity, ownership, service, and team.
- Have positive present solutions when presenting problems. Be a part of the solution.
- Manage other safety professionals or admin as assigned
- Perform area and job site level audits based on event trending, lagging/leading indicators and safety needs identified with Regional Safety Manager or another department senior manager
- Coordinate injury management through Workman’s Compensation Manager and assist in establishing area injury management resources and relationship building as assigned by the Regional Safety Manager
- Provide area level safety leadership and promote a positive safety culture as assigned.
- Participate in parent company level safety audits across the organization and coordinate corrective action feedback to the Regional Safety Manager and operations management
- Participate in AAR calls relevant to events occurring within the assigned area. Coordinate follow-up
- Review weekly Ops Reports for safety planning purposes with Regional Safety Manager.
- Assist with training instruction and scheduling as directed by the Regional Safety Manager.
- May assist with/lead special projects as assigned related to organization-wide related safety matters
- Assist with root cause identification, investigations and case management within the assigned area
- Complete a monthly expense report for company Purchasing card. Shall spend within set departmental guidelines. Submit Purchase Card activity monthly to the Regional Safety Manager
- Coordinate, manage and respond to OSHA agency level audits as directed by the Regional Safety Manager or other departments senior managers
- Coordinate support efforts with Regional Safety Manager
- Report daily safety experience and daily plan of day inaccuracies to Regional Safety Manager
- As assigned by Regional Safety Manager, will make sure investigations, corrective actions, and safety planning are purposeful, complete and supported
- Shall ensure timely notifications for serious events are made to Regional Safety Manager
- All other assigned responsibilities by the Regional Safety Manager or other assigned department senior manager
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Safety related curriculum, with a minimum 5 years of verifiable safety experience or a minimum of 7 years of safety experience and the OSHA 500, or other accredited safety certification i.e. CSP, ASP, OHS, CHST, CSST, CSHO
- Maintain and develop gas distribution, pipeline, and underground electric safety knowledge
- Must be able to travel nationwide or regionally as needed. Overnight travel as needed to support position and duties. Must travel to all assigned areas monthly
- Must maintain professional interaction, appearances, and communication within all levels of the organization
- Continued professional development and Quanta train-the-trainer certification preferred
- On call 24/7 or as assigned after hours, weekends and holidays
- Other assigned qualifications by the Regional Safety Manager or other department senior managers
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.