Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was established in 2005 and is based in Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Alarm Technician at our office in N. Billerica, MA. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Install, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair fire alarms in commercial and residential buildings.
- Program, start-up, troubleshoot and commission new system installation.
- Clearly communicate to client (electrical contractor, general contractor, end user) on project status, challenges, and completion dates.
- Oversee installation projects, providing direction to the electrical contractor for a successful installation.
- Identify improper installation methods and communicate the necessary corrections required by the electrical contractor
- Review contract and design documents related to the project for accuracy prior to build of system and provide comprehensive red line drawings at the completion of a project.
- Perform inspections to ensure alarms are installed and working according to code
- Complete detailed inspection reports, documenting any issues
- Respond to emergency service calls
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous comprehensive experience to perform duties on all size projects, from a small 50-point system to a multi panel network preferred
- Special Hazard, Clean Agent experience a plus
- Understanding of smoke control preferred: Stairwell pressurization and smoke purge
- Strong communication and customer service skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MA Class B and/or Class D Licenses preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"