Title: Project Arborist
CNUC is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best practices, legal and regulatory requirements, extensive knowledge of tree species and risk assessment.
As our next Project Forester/Inventory Arborist, you’ll be on your way to the open road and traveling the trails, parks and city streets! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line. We also help cities improve their understanding of their urban tree canopy through our inventory and auditing services.
As a CNUC Forester, you’ll keep communities informed about their trees, assessing risk for publicly owned trees and helping cities address inequities in urban forest distribution. In this essential role, your office is the great outdoors! Join our nationwide team of arborists in this important work.
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the arboricultural industry’s best talent. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love being outside, working independently and enjoy traveling.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to details.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
Nature of Duties:
- Efficiently identify, inspect and inventory trees for urban forestry projects
- Safely conduct duties in all types of weather and terrain
- Interact with the public and coworkers in a professional manner
- Detailed data collection and data management
- Hazard tree inspection & evaluation
- Daily utilization of GIS maps, rangefinders, planning software on tablets and other devices
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Opportunity to travel to projects in different areas of the country
- Species identification skills for both local native and non-native tree species, including horticultural plantings, as well as perform tree risk assessments
- ISA Arborist Certification, TRAQ preferred
- Bachelor of Science in forestry or related field or equivalent experience desired
- Experienced arborists preferred
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with good time management
- Ability to work overtime for several weeks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Positive attitude and commitment to quality are essential
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software a plus
You focus on the trees; we’ll take care of you and your future.
- Competitive wages/benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Wellness reimbursement
- ESOP- A retirement plan completely funded by the company
- Rich culture- driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
- Smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. A background check, motor vehicle report and pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.