APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Fixed Asset Accountant.
The Corporate Fixed Asset Accountant reports to the Senior Accountant and is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the fixed asset software, quarterly general ledger close and reporting, tracking and monitoring of fixed asset policies and budgets, and assistance with lease accounting as follows:
To include, but not limited to the following:
- Record fixed asset additions and disposals in fixed asset software (FAS).
- Perform deprecation calculation for all fixed assets within FAS.
- Prepare fixed asset journal entries and subledger to GL reconciliations for corporate and subsidiary companies.
- Prepare fixed asset related audit schedules and collaborate with the auditors on any follow up requests.
- Maintain FAS for non-financial updates requested by subsidiary companies.
- Ability to perform adhoc fixed asset analysis requests by management.
- Communicate and manage annual fixed asset physical counts done by the subsidiary companies.
- Track YTD spend against capital budget.
- Ensure adherence to APi Group’s fixed asset policy.
- Analyze company fixed asset policy, procedures, and practices to identify opportunities to achieve maximum productivity and profitability while maintaining a strong internal control environment.
- Planning and coordinating quarterly lease accounting and reporting, including support for subsidiary companies
- Other duties as assigned.
Other responsibilities will be added as appropriate. Our objective is to provide a challenging environment to increase the potential for your advancement within the APi companies.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years Accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management, employees, and subsidiary companies.
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and information.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate high accuracy skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities, peak workloads, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Requires work with others in a group or team, include responsibility for work outcomes and results
List of computer programs that are required to perform the essential duties of this job:
Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs including Outlook Email and have the ability to perform high-level function in them. Able to learn to use the current in-house accounting system, WebApps, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and OneStream.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.