APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager.
The Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager reports to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for the quarterly SEC reporting requirements, technical accounting analysis, group accounting policies, as follows:
- Coordinate the preparation of external financial reports in compliance with SEC and other regulatory reporting requirements (principally 10-K, 10-Q, and press release tables as well as other filings 8-K’s, S-4).
- Prepare drafts of financial statements, footnotes and management’s discussion and analysis.
- Analyze business transactions and propose accounting treatment.
- Provide accounting guidance and research on accounting related matters (new pronouncements, conforming acquisitions, etc…) and drafting related financial statement presentation and disclosures.
- Assist with integrating acquisitions for alignment of company policies and reporting requirements as well as compliance with GAAP and regulatory accounting.
- Facilitate and support identification of process improvements.
- Prepare accounting policies, analysis and whitepapers as necessary.
- Serve as an effective liaison with external and internal auditors on reporting matters.
- Create and foster a positive working environment within and across functional areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other responsibilities will be added as appropriate. Our objective is to provide a challenging environment to increase the potential for your advancement within the APi companies.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA Certification
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in Financial Audit and/or Reporting
- Prior experience in Public Accounting with SEC clients
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management, employees, and subsidiary companies.
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and information.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate high accuracy skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities, peak workloads, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times.
- Requires work with others in a group or team, include responsibility for work outcomes and results
List of computer programs that are required to perform the essential duties of this job: Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs including Outlook Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and have the ability to perform high-level function in them. Ability to learn to use the current in-house accounting system, WebApps, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and OneStream.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.