General Summary Description
Inspired Homes is currently seeking a New Home Architect to provide plan preparation for home building operations. This is a critical position that is integral to the company’s aggressive growth goals in an opportunistic business environment.
- The role requires a strong understanding of architecture, design and technical drawing skills.
- Candidates should possess the ability to work with our team to deliver exceptional residential projects from design to completion.
- Prepare detailed design and construction drawings, review for quality assurance.
- Experience assembling, submitting and revising information for municipal permitting
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of standard residential construction methods to prepare technical drawings, specifications, bid packages and manage construction costs.
- Coordinate project details between the design team and construction managers.
- Ability to communicate with clients, vendors, construction team, consultants, and contractors.
- Research materials and technologies and help to ensure project details support the design intent.
- Conduct construction site visits, field verifications and meetings with trades.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to keep projects moving and on schedule
- Take initiative in continued learning of processes and systems to help our team with on-going process improvement and efficiencies.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in high-end residential design.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in architecture from an accredited university.
- Possess a high level of design creativity and technical skills to develop quality drawings.
- A collaborative team player with exceptional communication skills – written, verbal and visual.
- Highly organized, multi-tasked, with stellar time management and priority-setting skills.
- Self-disciplined and motivated, with the ability to problem solve independently.
- Proficiency and proven experience in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit MS Project, and MS Office. Edit to whatever we did for the Drafter position.
- Experience working with interior designers a plus.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Self-Knowledge: Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; isn't defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+'s and -'s) performance reviews and career decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/female/disability/veteran