Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road-building, and underground utility contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship with enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the work is safely and productively executed timely on one or more projects with multiple crews and activities.
- Supervise and coordinate asphalt Foreman activities and production schedules and estimate work requirements for completion of job assignments and schedule requirements. Coordinate daily with the project manager, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, inspectors, and owner’s representatives.
- Demonstrate knowledge of asphalt paving, establishing grade, layout, etc.
- Enforce company and/or client policies and procedures and state and federal regulations governing the worksite and the environment.
- Accurately read plans and specifications and build projects according to them.
- Efficiently operate support equipment.
- Complete project reports as required.
- Regularly conduct safety meetings, and practice workplace safety.
- Complete and submit all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and track deliveries of equipment, materials, forms, etc.
- Assist in performing the work as necessary.
- Regularly conduct daily safety meetings, and practice workplace safety.
- Complete and submit all paperwork to review daily costs in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and track material deliveries, trucking, equipment, and manpower.
- Daily paving schedule to include type/quantities of material, project specifications, trucking start time and location, crew, and equipment.
- Communicate with the paving manager and others.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is preferred.
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company and OSHA/MSHA/DOT/DEQ regulations for safe working procedures and protecting the environment.
- Must be able to travel.
- Be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to complete detailed written or oral instructions.
- A valid Driver’s License is required; Commercial Driver’s License is helpful.
- Ability to train all crafts in paving.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
As an equal opportunity employer, Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.