Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
This position is in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the work is safely and productively executed timely on one or more projects with multiple crews and activities.
- Supervise and coordinate asphalt Foreman activities, production schedules and estimate work requirements for completion of job assignments and schedule requirements. Coordinate daily with the project manager, subcontractors, suppliers, engineer, inspectors, and owner’s representative.
- Demonstrate knowledge of asphalt paving, establishing grade, layout, etc.
- Enforce company and/or client policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations governing the worksite and the environment.
- Accurately read plans and specifications and build project according to them.
- Efficiently operate support equipment.
- Complete project reports as required.
- Regularly conduct safety meetings, practice workplace safety.
- Complete and submit all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and track deliveries of equipment, materials, forms, etc.
- Assist in performing the work, as necessary.
- Regularly conduct daily safety meetings, practice workplace safety.
- Complete and submit all paperwork review daily cost in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and track material deliveries, trucking, equipment, and manpower.
- Daily paving schedule to include type/quantities of material, project specifications, trucking start time and location, crew, and equipment.
- Must have ability to train all crafts in paving.
- Communicate with paving manager and others.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience preferred.
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and OSHA/MSHA/DOT/DEQ regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office including Excel experience preferred.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Must be able to travel.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the public at all times.
- Be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- Valid Driver’s License required; Commercial Driver’s License helpful.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.