Infosec believes knowledge is power when fighting cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with skills development and certifications while empowering all employees with security awareness and privacy training to stay cyber safe at work and home. It’s our mission to equip all organizations and individuals with the know-how and confidence to outsmart cybercrime.
At Infosec, you’ll be surrounded and supported by a bright team – endlessly curious, eager to try new ideas and ready to roll up their sleeves together. Our inclusive values and open door philosophy are rooted in the belief that great ideas come from everyone. Your voice matters here! As a quickly growing and stable company, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to start or build your career. We’re all about inspiring, recognizing and rewarding employees to be successful.
Fullstack Web Developer
As a Fullstack Web Developer, you’ll be contributing directly to our products: Infosec Skills, Flex and IQ. Our training products are industry leaders in closing the gap surrounding cyber security awareness and career pathing. This means that your work is directly on display for our customers and your commitment to quality code shows.
Our development team is highly collaborative because each member brings a unique perspective and solid development skills. You like working in a fast-paced environment and seeing results in real-time. You like that you can be a mentor, mentee, trusted advisor, and key individual contributor in one role because our team is dynamic. Cyber security is a mission you can get behind and you understand how your work not only affects our products but also how our products address the growing gap in cyber security knowledge.
What you Bring to this Role
Agile. We are deliberate about applying agile practices to how we work. You appreciate the advantages of working in short development sprints and continuously delivering value to your customers.
Self-motivation. Our software teams are largely self-organizing and rely on each other to be responsible and accountable for their time and contributions. Nobody micromanages us because we are trusted to work with autonomy.
Collaboration. Everyone brings something valuable to the process and our products are better for it. We plan our sprints, architecture solutions and perform code reviews as a team. There are no proverbial lone wolves.
Professionalism. Our teams are healthy and productive because of the attitude of professionalism we bring to the job. We respect each other, our customers and our stakeholders, and it shows in how we approach our work and interact with one another on a daily basis.
- Turn user stories into secure, tested and maintainable code.
- Participate in backlog refinement sessions, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Help your team continuously improve by contributing to its tooling, documentation and coding standards.
- Provide occasional support to our customer experience team.
- A few years of professional experience writing software for the web, even better if that includes working on a SaaS product.
- Working knowledge of one or more dynamically-typed, interpreted programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with PHP and the modern PHP ecosystem (Composer, PSRs, etc.) a plus.
- Some familiarity with unit and automated software testing.
- A basic understanding of web fundamentals: HTTP, TLS, DNS, browsers, etc.
- A mind and eye for security and secure code
- Comfortable working with modern software development tools and practices like Git, Github/Bitbucket, pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts, for example.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bonus points for having practical experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Why You Should Join Us
- Quickly growing, stable (16 years!) tech company
- Named to Madison Best Places to Work 2019
- Internal career path opportunities
- Competitive base salary and 401(k) with company match
- Health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, FSAs, supplemental insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off for volunteer and charitable work
- Infosec Gives pledge — sharing 1% of our profit, product and time to impact communities around us
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion so all employees feel comfortable and confident bringing their whole selves to work
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, apply right now! A real human being will review your application and get back to you if you’re a good fit. If you’re unsure or have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Infosec is an equal opportunity employer.