APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor.
You will be responsible for performing our internal audit processes that are necessary and appropriate as a US publicly listed company on the NYSE. You will work with our co-sourced partner focusing on building out our SOX internal control framework, and compliance over the first 16 months including the design, documentation, and related control testing. Once that is up and running you will assist and help manage our risked based audit approach that ensures continued regulatory compliance and improves our operating effectiveness through process improvements and proper controls design and implementation.
The main responsibilities for the position are:
- Assist with risk assessments to determine scope of the internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance programs.
- Maintain and update the risk and control matrix for the Company’s internal control structure
- Perform controls testing work, including planning and communication with management, completing clear and concise work papers, identifying audit issues and findings, and drafting reports to validate that controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively.
- Provide added value insight and process improvement to drive efficiency and consistency across the business units.
- Perform the internal audit projects across the business units. Ensure internal controls are efficient and effective to mitigate operational and strategic risks to acceptable levels, assets are adequately protected, and significant financial, managerial, & operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Identify practical and sustainable management action plans jointly with management. Perform follow-up procedures to monitor remediation status and where further commitment is desired, work with management in an advisory capacity until the matters are appropriately resolved.
- Updates and maintains audit-related policies and procedures.
- Effectively use data analytics and automation to expand audit coverage and gain efficiencies.
- Coach and develop staff, including participating in the recruiting and new hire processes.
- Facilitate and support requests from external auditors.
- Promote Internal Audit as a value-add to the organization and deliver audit services that consistently improve the control environment to achieves operational excellence.
- Assist with special projects as requested by the Audit Committee and/or Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Build and maintain networking relationships with audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field and 3+ years of audit or similar experience in construction or manufacturing industry, Big 4 public accounting experience appreciated
- Understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and COSO Internal Control framework Experience and understanding of the Institute of Internal Audit Standards for the Professional Practice of Auditing and control frameworks such as COSO
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and written communication skills
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, CISA or similar, preferred
- Experience in utilizing data analysis tools to perform audit work is preferred
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Place a high value on honesty and integrity in one’s work
Normal office environment with some travel
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.