Columbia Western Machinery
FIELD TECHNICIAN: Position will diagnose and repair equipment and allied products at customer locations. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and diagnosing (troubleshooting) equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Repairing, replacing and/or rebuilding engines, transmissions, final drives, steering, clutches, cross shafts, hydraulic components, electrical systems, and air systems.
- Welding and fabrication as required.
- Determining correct parts needed to complete the task and order in a timely manner from the Parts Department, as well as, returning all unused parts in a timely manner.
- Maintaining driving record in accordance with state laws.
- Communicating in a courteous and effective manner with customers regarding all aspects of the work being performed.
Applicants must have 5 plus years’ experience working on all makes and models of heavy equipment to work in the field. Must be assertive, a self-starter, and able to work without direct supervision. Must have own tools and a Class A CDL with a good driving record.
Why work for Columbia Western Machinery:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) Retirement Plan; Medical, Dental Insurance; Flexible Spending Account (Flex Plan); Personal Time Off (PTO); Online and Instructor-Led Training.
- Advancement – Columbia Western Machinery is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Columbia Western Machinery is a family-owned
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard, and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications
Commercial Driver License
- Competitive Pay
- Community Involvement
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k match
As an equal opportunity employer Columbia Western Machinery will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Columbia Western Machinery also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.