$38,000 - $44,000 DOQ
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Non-Exempt Open Until Filled.
Since 1909 Childhaven has been a leader in serving children and families who have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more family and community-focused, and forming high impact partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children and families. By combining our 110+ year legacy of early childhood trauma care with the power and expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region. Going forward, we are embarking on an ambitious strategic plan to strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of
locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening strategic partnerships with other community based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven seeks a highly skilled & Experienced Revenue Accountant to join our finance team. The person will be responsible for end to end accounting for all the revenues of the organization making sure that it meets all US GAAP requirements. The role heavily requires timeliness and accuracy in transaction& reports to the Finance Manager. This is full time, FLSA non-exempt position expecting to work 40 hours a week with additional hours possible as needed.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Oversee financial transactions and process invoices in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with fundraising department to process Donation & Pledges received and post them to Dynamics SL.
• Process checks, cash & credit card contributions & record it to System/SL Dynamics.
• Work with cross-functional teams to keep track of grants received and make all necessary
• Perform monthly reconciliation for philanthropy revenue recorded by fundraising department & finance department & resolve variances.
• Perform monthly pledge receivable reconciliation.
• Assist in month end process.
• Assist in financial audits and implement audit recommendations.
• Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy, internal controls and accepted accounting practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION INCLUDES:
• Associates degree in accounting or related field of study
• 2+ years of related accounting experience
• Moderate to high level Excel skills
• Ability to track and keep multiple tasks progressing simultaneously to timely completion
• Detail oriented with a strong understanding of systems and file structure
• Successful experience using Dynamics Solomon
• Nonprofit or healthcare experience
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, and Respect. Here’s a little bit about what we offer our staff:
• We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance.
Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, healthcare reimbursement account, a 403(b) savings program with employer contributions. A full listing of benefits is available.
• Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics,
advocacy and more.
• We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to
providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement and anti-racism strategies to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to completing the application online, attach a resume and cover letter when prompted. Those who fail to attach resume and cover letter may not be considered.