Reporting directly to the President of Harbor Linx Business Support, Inc. (“HLBS”). HLBS is the business support subsidiary that works with related companies; McGuire and Hester (heavy civil engineering), Casey-Fogli Concrete Construction, Circa ’26 (real estate development), and CF&T Concrete Pumping. As a Software Training Specialist, you will play an integral role in the strategic growth of the company by having a working knowledge of software used, teaching employees how to use computer applications, programs, and network systems software, and software report writing and integration. You will get the flexibility to design and organize training courses by combining creativity, research and analysis of existing materials. This position will provide you an opportunity to work with other departmental professionals and employees on an interpersonal level. Managing course evaluations and overall productivity will allow you to experience the trainings on a personal level to assess their efficiency and ability to engage.
Reports directly to the President. Works with the managers of estimating, operations, human resource, accounting, marketing, shop and IT.
- Work with department managers in estimating, operations, human resource, accounting, marketing, shop, and IT in the selection of companywide software programs that support strategic growth of the company.
- In charge of procuring software licenses, and annual maintenance of all company software programs. Create budgets for all associated costs of software and training.
- Become familiar with the software used in day-to-day operations. Some of the current programs include: Viewpoint accounting software, HCSS Heavy Bid, HCSS Heavy Job, HCSS Dispatcher, Salesforce CRM, etc.
- Develop training materials that address the training needs of departmental managers
- Apply new technologies to deliver courses and improve the learning experience for users
- Trainer must structure their presentation to fit the circumstances. The audience may have a wide range of computer skills and educational levels. The audience may vary in size from one to roomful of people.
- Be able to explain the technical complexities of software effectively. Must be able to measure how well the material is being absorbed and to adjust the presentation accordingly.
- Experience with SQL, Crystal report writing. Able to write reports that address operational needs from various company software programs
- API and software integration. Improve companywide efficiencies through software integration.
- Oversee general administrative duties, such as coordinating enrollment, scheduling class times and locations and sending invitation information to all trainees
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software training support, learning & development experience or related field
- Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Patience with dealing with non-technical people
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking is a plus
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.