Reporting directly to the IT Manager of Harbor Linx Business Support, Inc. (“HLBS”), HLBS is the business support subsidiary that works with related companies; McGuire and Hester (heavy civil engineering), Circa ’26 (real estate development). You will be responsible for installing or upgrading components, setting up software, assisting with network administration, and resolving all IT support issues. To be successful as an IT Specialist, you should have an in-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies. Top candidates will also have an amiable personality, and an aptitude for customer service.
- Provide first point of contact for both remote and face to face support for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, software, scanners, printers, e-mail and telephony.
- Support and maintenance of security camera system and badge system.
- Help maintain IT infrastructure (WAN/LAN network, telephones, audio and video conferencing equipment)
- Provide support for Google G Suite/workspace and Google products, google drive, meet, docs, sheets etc.
- Provide support for remote management software for workstations, including OS updates and antivirus.
- Maintain IT ticketing system/tool and perform data analysis and reporting.
- Manage and maintain policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Assist with onboarding and off boarding of employees related to IT.
- Other projects assigned by the IT Manager.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in IT support
- AA, AS, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Hands on knowledge of IT and communications technology fundamentals (Mac, Windows, IOS, Android).
- Experience with SQL and Crystal report writing
- Experience with API and software integration
- Possess good analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Patience with dealing with non-technical people
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Willingness to take initiatives, hands-on and result driven
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Bilingual Spanish speaking – preferred but not required
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.