Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Operator Qualification (OQ) Evaluator
In this role, the individual will be responsible for the training and evaluating of OQ tasks in a classroom and hands-on settings in Veriforce, EWN, MEA, and ITS. This candidate must be able to work independently and travel when necessary
What Do You Offer Us?
- Assist Hazardous Liquids and Natural Gas business units with qualification and training of personnel performing DOT regulated pipeline covered tasks
- Ability to be compliant with federal and applicable state pipeline safety regulatory requirements, in a cost-effective and efficient manner with minimal impact on business units' processes or resources.
- Interacts with operations employees and supervisors to provide training on covered tasks, both in the classroom and hands on instruction in various field or simulated settings
- Observes and evaluates manual skills performance in an objective and consistent manner
- Prepares, organizes and submits OQ task documentation
- Collaborates with business partners and internal or external subject matter experts
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
- Salary range from $60-75k
What is Required?
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and/or field knowledge preferred but not limited to: Pipeline installation and maintenance, corrosion maintenance, coating application and maintenance, cathodic protection systems, pressure regulating, location and line marking, excavating and back-filling, welding and atmospheric monitoring, inspection and valve maintenance. Highly proficient in gas operation and station work procedures
- Ability to organize and administer project QMS approach
- Employees in this position will demonstrate knowledge of the OQ Law.
- Communication and PC skills are essential, Microsoft Office, Excel, PPT, Access.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree desired
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) experience and project management skills desired
- Minimum of one year of relevant Quality Supervisor field work experience preferred, with work history references who can be contacted during the interview process
- Successful interpersonal communication and meeting management skills
- Significant travel will be required
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.