Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our team!
- Responsible for accurately processing weekly union and non-union payroll (fluctuates between 350-650 employees)
- Manage database of employees, including new employees, terminations, and status changes. Keep database current. Notify management of all new employees and terminations on a weekly basis.
- Utilize Excel to export data to prepare 401k submission, Union Reports, Certified Payroll Reports, and other ad hoc requests.
- Responsible for all federal and state payroll related taxes (some weekly, some monthly, and some quarterly).
- Construction payroll experience preferred but not required
- Organized and efficient
- Customer service oriented
- Adaptable to ad hoc requests
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Independent, yet know when to ask for help
- Willingness to learn and grow, we will train on duties
- Works well on team with a willingness to step in and help others
- Process expense report payments
- Knowledge of mileage, parking, and subsistence requirements and reimbursements
- Verify unemployment
- Maintenance of earnings’ withholding orders & court ordered wage assignments
- Respond to employment verifications
- Process employee terminations and union layoffs ensuring timely payments
- Compile and electronically file annual Prevailing Wage information with MN DOLI (April & May)
- Annual (generally) input of new wage rates & fringe benefit rates for each union
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work as a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We grow leaders! As an APi company we provide many opportunities for growth and advancement both professional and personal! We provide excellent benefits:
- 401(K) options and match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally friendly behavior
- Profit sharing eligible after one year
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grill-outs to local happy hours