IT Support Technician
$47,800 - $58,400 ($23 - $28 hourly)
Full-time, Regular Status, FLSA Non-Exempt
Apply by January 21, 2021
Since 1909 Childhaven has been a leader in serving children and families who have experienced trauma and adversity. In the past few years, we have been adding services and locations, becoming more family and community-focused, and forming high impact partnerships to increase our impact. In June 2020, Childhaven consolidated with Renton Area Youth and Family Services and Art with Heart, which further expanded our capacity to better serve more children and families. By combining our 110+ year legacy of early childhood trauma care with the power and expertise of our new partners, Childhaven is building a continuum of care model that is unlike any other in the Puget Sound Region. Going forward, we are embarking on an ambitious strategic plan to strengthen programs, expand impact, and embrace innovation. In the next five years our goals are to double the number of locations and quadruple the number of children and families we are serving - all while developing and strengthening strategic partnerships with other community based organizations, referral sources, government agencies, and universities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Childhaven seeks a skilled & experienced IT Support Technician to join our Operations team. This position serves as the first line of IT support for a medium sized mission-driven non-profit organization. Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains computer hardware and software. Supports and assists employees in their use of computer hardware, software and networks. Documents processes. Provides staff training as needed. Tracks inventory of computers, tablets and cell phones. Purchases replacement equipment and accessories.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
IT User Support
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as needed.
- Track and resolve IT support tickets.
- Maintain IT support and process documentation.
- Act as a subject matter expert and train staff as needed.
- Configure appropriate accounts and access for new staff; update access as roles change; delete and remove accounts upon staff termination.
- Inventory and track computer needs.
- Configure desktop computers, laptop computers, cell phones for use by staff.
- Repair or coordinate repair of PCs and laptops.
- Configure tablets for use by clients.
- Keep inventory of all equipment up-to-date.
- Plan and execute replacement of aging equipment as needed.
- Purchase computer accessories as needed.
IT infrastructure Support
- Become familiar with Childhaven programs and their IT requirements, contributing input and collaborating on technology needs with program staff, administration and external consultant.
- Should be familiar with the proper functions of LAN, WAN, servers and systems as they relate to supporting end users.
- Provide basic systems support such as system reboots, physical installation.
- Collaborate with IT vendor on higher level support.
- Participate, with Childhaven administration and external consultants, in defining software needs.
- Deploy software licenses and tracks inventory of licenses.
- Set up and configure systems and software, and provides user support, according to security standards and designs.
- Acts as primary contact for telecom (ISP, phone system) vendors.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Support technical grants as needed.
- Develop and document process improvement and best practice procedures to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in professional development opportunities regarding anti-racism, oppression, and cultural competency and regularly assess own performance and program for related improvements.
- Participate in ongoing job related professional development, in-service trainings and continuing education.
- Comply with all Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Comply with the agency's policy and procedure regarding the identification and reporting of child abuse.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION INCLUDES:
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years work experience in Information Technology, Information Systems or related field. Additional IT experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Working knowledge of user experience and support for Office 365 such as Microsoft Teams, Exchange online, SharePoint and OneDrive, Active Directory.
- Familiarity with Cloud services, Windows Server, Hyper-V, VPN, enterprise WiFi.
- Expertise with hardware and software.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with diverse agency staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset and attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as on team projects.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, safe driving record and auto liability insurance. Must be able to travel between sites and transport equipment between sites.
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity,
Excellence, Dedication, and Respect. Here’s a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, healthcare reimbursement account, a 403(b) savings program with employer contributions. A full listing of benefits is available.
- Opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy and more.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement and anti-racism strategies to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by January 21, 2021. In addition to completing the application online, attach a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Those who fail to attach resume and cover letter may not be considered.