Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: Trade/Vocational school
Willing to Travel
Relocation Assistance is available
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Gartner Refrigeration Company has been doing business in Duluth Minnesota since 1923. Over the years Gartner Refrigeration has evolved into a company that currently has 30 employees as well as the resources and technical ability to provide its customers with services and solutions that they have come to expect. Since 1974 the company has been located at its current West Duluth location providing Refrigeration and HVAC systems solutions. The company broadened its abilities in 1985 with the addition of the Temperature Controls division. This division has also evolved into a highly technical branch of the company that provides solutions for Building Automation Systems as well as providing customers with customized Energy Conservation Measures.
We are in the business of providing service, while the majority of companies can claim they provide service, providing the kind of service that really gets people’s attention requires continuous evaluation of the customer’s needs, the ability to assemble a team of competent craft technicians, and the administrative staff to address the ever increasing accounting demands of today’s business environment. Quality service is something that Gartner Refrigeration continuously strives to achieve by openly seeking customer feedback and addressing customer concerns at those times when we haven’t measured up to their expectations.
The ideal candidate for HVAC/R Technician will have a solid background in the HVAC and the Refrigeration industry and will be experienced in the commercial and/or industrial industry.
- Installs, services, and repairs refrigeration and hvac equipment and systems.
- Diagnoses problems and/or failures in refrigeration and hvac systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of refrigeration and hvac systems.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- 5 years of commercial refrigeration service experience.
- Experience in repairing and maintaining supermarket rack systems, walk-in/reach-in freezers and coolers, refrigerated serving lines, ice machines.
- EPA Type I & II required. (EPA 608 Universal will be accepted)
- Successful completion of an approved apprenticeship program/trade school/vocational program in HVAC and refrigeration repair.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Good people skills with a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans.
- Meeting deadlines and schedules
- Working as part of a team
- Working with constant interruptions
- Displaying mechanical aptitude
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
- Vehicle Provided
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click "Apply"