APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Director of IT Operations, whose primary responsibility is to ensure the efficient operations of the IT Department. This role will manage the day to day affairs of the organization, taking high level direction from the Senior Director of IT and working closely with the CIO and other senior IT Leaders to execute initiatives across the IT Department. This person will be a member of the IT Senior Leadership Team. This role provides you with an opportunity to have a direct influence on the organization’s high-level strategy and roadmap.
- Function as leader focused on making time, information, and decision processes more effective; managing the day to day affairs of the organization, taking high level direction from the Senior IT Director, execute and deliver on these actions.
- Function as a member of the IT Senior Leadership Team.
- Own key meetings, ensure meetings are run efficiently including agendas, facilitation, minutes, and action items.
- Own the Administration and Operations functions for the IT Department including Finance, Personnel (HCM), Administration, Asset Management, Vendor Management, Processes and Procedures.
- Own the IT Department’s processes. Ensuring that they are implemented, reviewed and updated annually, communicated, and followed.
- Own the IT Department’s Playbook. Ensure that these processes are followed.
- Assist in communicating the IT Department’s value to the business.
- Develop metrics and reporting for measuring and improving the effectiveness of the overall IT Department.
- Drive continuous improvement, improving service levels for the organization
- Provide an objective perspective of the department.
- Mentor, coach, develop members of team members.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- At least 3-5 years of leadership experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and mentor employees.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills
- Flexibility to work occasionally outside business hours.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- Self-directed and motivated, with a positive and willing attitude.
- Ability to influence with and without authority.
- Able to deal with high level concepts or ambiguity.
- Experience Leading in an IT Organization or familiar with IT department operations.
- Data analysis.
- Process and workflow design.
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience with using metrics to communicate value to the business.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to take high level concepts and quickly deliver a draft to ensure directional accuracy, then deliver the finished product based on feedback.
- Able to create a dashboard of key metrics.
- Effective meeting skills.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.