Wildish, a family owned company, has been a trusted and reputable name since 1935. Our rich history and deep experience have made us one of the most diversified and focused companies in the state of Oregon. Wildish Group of Companies provide a unique capability in accomplishing different types of projects. With the corporate office and main plant in Eugene, Oregon, as well as a satellite office in Fairview, Oregon, we serve our clients throughout the Northwest.
Overview: Wildish Construction Co. is a division of the Wildish Group of Companies headquartered in Eugene, Oregon and operates out of our fixed plant facilities located in Eugene. Wildish Construction Co. performs both large and small heavy civil projects, specializing in excavation, grading, aggregates, underground, asphalt, and concrete. International Union of Operating Engineers Local No. 701 and Wildish Construction Co. are looking for qualified Asphalt Roller Operators in the Eugene/Springfield area. The normal work week is Monday – Friday, with Saturdays as needed to maintain schedule, totaling 40 to 60+ hours per week.
Title: Asphalt Roller Operator, Wildish Construction Co.
Reports To: Asphalt Paving Foreman
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely and productively perform asphalt paving operations, including operation of asphalt rollers to efficiently/consistently achieve density and smoothness of asphalt on parking lots, streets, and highways.
- Must be able to work safely and follow all company policies.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all personnel and to perform all duties safely and productively to ensure quality work.
- Must have the ability to conduct daily equipment inspections to identify any safety and maintenance issues.
- Must be willing to join appropriate union.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have at least 2 - 5 years of experience with the defined type of equipment; ability to operate different types of equipment is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Must be reliable, honest, and hardworking.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable under company policy (CDL preference given).
- Must be able to follow OSHA and Wildish policies for safety and conduct.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test. (Note: Position is subject to random drug testing.)
- Environment: Work in hot, cold, daylight, nighttime, wet, and/or dusty environments, and in noisy and/or jarring conditions; wear personal protective equipment.
- Strength: Capable of continuously pushing and pulling hand operated levers, depressing foot operated pedals and/or turning steering wheels for mechanical and hydraulic systems; routinely lifting and carrying 25-50 pounds, occasionally lifting and carrying 100 pounds.
- Flexibility: Capable of walking on uneven, slick, loose and/or broken surfaces; climbing onto and off of equipment; turning neck and torso to the rear while arms and legs remain facing forward; sitting and/or standing while being bounced and/or vibrated.
- Dexterity: Capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously (e.g., operating left and right hand controls and left and right foot pedals; flipping switches and pushing buttons).
- Respiratory Capacity: Capable of wearing a respiratory protection device while working in hazardous atmospheric conditions or as required.
- Endurance: Capable of performing assigned duties for eight or more hours at a time; ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Responsiveness: Capable of identifying through sight, sound, smell and/or touch, and reacting quickly to, hazardous situations.
- Communication: Capable of verbally asking questions, responding to questions, relaying information, and responding to and alerting others of hazardous situations.
- Mental: Capable of understanding and following instructions; solving problems presented by unexpected job and/or equipment conditions; recognizing and following common safety practices.
The above listing of job and physical/mental functions is a general guide. The functions may not be all inclusive, nor may they be all applicable to particular job circumstances. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Benefits of Joining Local No. 701:
Wildish is a member of the International Union of Operating Engineers Local No. 701. All employees are required to join the union.
There are many benefits to working in a union setting, and some of the benefits to look forward to include: standardized wage scales; vacation pay; medical, dental and vision coverage; two pension programs; and training opportunities.
ATTENTION MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVERS:
Before you complete an application to drive a motor vehicle for Wildish, please understand the following:
Wildish has a zero tolerance for alcohol abuse, illicit drug use (including marijuana and cannabis products), and harassment of any kind.
Wildish requires your driving record to be free of any major driving convictions for the past five years. These include, but may not be limited to:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Felony, homicide, or manslaughter involving the use of a motor vehicle.
- Aggravated assault with a motor vehicle.
- Operating a vehicle during a period of suspension or revocation.
- Operating a motor vehicle without owner’s authority (grand theft).
- Reckless, negligent, or careless driving.
- Racing or excessive speed (exceeding 20 mph over posted speed limit).
- Hit and run (bodily injury or property damage) driving.
If you cannot meet these basic standards, please do not apply.