Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) Inspection Scheduler at our office in Buffalo, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
The Inspections Scheduler is responsible for scheduling inspections and dispatching Inspectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule inspections (monthly/quarterly/annually) with customers and company Inspectors to ensure compliance with state and local codes and customer contracts
- Dispatch Inspectors to jobs as needed
- Confirm appointments with customers via phone and/or email
- Run orders and reports from database
- Maintain positive customer relationships
- Maintain customer and/or system information in database(s) and answer any general inquiries.
- Assist the Billing dept or the Inspection Manager with special projects such as distribution of marketing materials, filing, payroll/time backup, renewal agreements, etc.
- May assist in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, and certified payroll information.
- Scans and uploads documents to the online document storage system
- Other duties as assigned
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and handle scheduling changes
- Knowledge of fire protection systems a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in an administrative setting preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise levels
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to file, copy, scan and fax
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting
- Working on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran