Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Director, Diversity & Inclusion
The Director, Diversity & Inclusion will partner with the Executive Team, Human Resources and other stakeholders to design and implement a holistic D&I strategy. This role will be responsible for enhancing and formalizing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging within the company.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Develop a D&I strategy that ensures a cohesive and inclusive culture while maintaining a local identity in our various business units and locations
- Partner with HR, Workforce Development, and other leaders to drive implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, and policies, that will attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce and foster an environment of inclusion.
- Ensure an integrated alignment of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and business objectives across the organization.
- Create a strategy that outlines recruiting, learning & development, retention activities, goals/objectives, and key metrics.
- Partner with the Workforce Development team to identify and drive diversity recruiting efforts with clear metrics including strategic sourcing, targeting diverse talent pools, diverse interview panels, participating in diverse career fairs and other innovative approaches.
What is Required?
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent years of experience
- 10-15 years of experience in HR, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion or other related fields; at least 5 years focused on Diversity & Inclusion
- Strong knowledge of diversity and inclusion processes, procedures, best practices, resources, and networks
- Experience leading company-wide initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Strong collaborator with ability to connect across the organization to influence and lead change in partnership with multiple senior stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated client focus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage confidential information and exercise sound judgment and risk management