Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Atlas Oil Company is an energy leader redefining what it means to be a transportation and distribution company. We’ve built a culture that emphasizes innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to meet the needs of our customers, our team and our community. Now we’re looking for energetic and driven individuals to help take our business to the next level.
As an Atlas team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Atlas team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us. We offer our team members a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match, and paid time off. Atlas’ unique profit sharing program, SharePOWER means every team member has a stake in our company’s success. In addition to that, our tuition reimbursement program means you can access exceptional professional development opportunities to drive your career to new heights.
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
Commercial Sales Representatives at Atlas play an integral role in the company’s innovative business model and overall success. As a Commercial Sales Representative, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing a sales strategy that produces quick wins and grows Atlas’ long-term sales strategy for our portfolio of commercial product lines including fuel, DEF, lubricants, fuel polishing, equipment and technology programs. The ideal candidate builds authentic and lasting connections with key customers and markets, enthusiastically promotes all product lines, expertly combines traditional sales tactics with new technologies and social media, and possesses a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive to get things done.
Required Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Preferred) or related field or equivalent work experience.
Primary Responsibilities & Scope
- Plan, develop and execute sales strategy for all named accounts with a focus on increasing “share of wallet” with existing accounts
- Ability to sell our entire suite of products and services across a diverse customer base including new and existing customers
- Address relationship issues (Credit, Accounts Receivable, Deliveries, etc.) in a professional way that sustains relationship with customers.
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers/prospects
- Develop and maintain marketing and account penetration plans to identify and monitor opportunities. Plans include but are not limited to assessment of current state of account; competition within the target; key decision makers; overall fuel budget; issues/pain points within the target and within the customer's marketplace; current solutions, technologies and products; opportunity for new product and service offerings; and action plan to optimize spend potential throughout the assigned account
- Manage all aspects of assigned accounts within the portfolio including but not limited to opportunity identification, pre-sales planning, deal execution, assurance of customer satisfaction and contract renewal. Control all aspects of tasks, from the initiation, through the process and through to completion
- Create and maintain strong sales pipeline with detailed information as to number of potential and qualified prospects/opportunities, status and next steps utilizing a CRM program
- Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms and service offerings to customer based on knowledge of company’s operational capacity and established ROI thresholds
- Assume the lead role in the preparation and delivery of customer presentations
- Performs administrative functions to complete sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance, correspondence, communications)
- Monitors customer credit compliance and engages with the Accounts Receivable team when necessary
- Work with all internal groups to improve the customer experience company-wide
- Works closely with our operations team to assure service and efficiency standards are met for all deliveries to assigned accounts
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses)
- Meets or exceeds sales goals specified in the individual market plans
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, marketing and techniques, etc
- Recommends changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and discussions with customers
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports and making recommendations to management
- Protects operation of company by keeping financial, production, sales and marketing information and plans confidential
- Maintains Atlas’ core values in all contact with team members, customers and vendors
- Verifiable track record of driving new sales
- Experience selling to national or large key accounts, large fleets, and/or within the transportation industry
- At least five (5) years of outside sales experience; preferably in the commercial / transportation / fuel industry
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including proposal writing and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company
- Self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail