Posting Date: 01/11/2021
Job Description: Pirc-Tobin Construction, Inc. is looking for full time self-motivated, positive, team and safety oriented individual to be a leader for an underground utility crew. The Position would require the right individual to lead crew of 4 to 5 people daily. Candidate is required to report to the job site without tardiness. Normal hours of operation are from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday, extended hours and weekend work may be required to meet project deadlines and overall company schedules. Work in adverse weather conditions may be required. Candidate must be proficient in reading plans and specifications as well as pre-task planning. The foreman is responsible to hold the daily morning huddle with the crew members to discuss the day's activities and goals, then proceed to direct the crew into the direction needed to execute the plan. Utility crew works on various types of projects including in town street reconstruction, new street construction, and repair work to install utilities such as water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer lines. Foreman is overall accountable for the safety of the site, managing the traffic control devices, and keeping the site organized. The position would include a company pickup truck for transportation to and from the job site.
Pirc-Tobin Construction believes in these 4 core values:
- Hardworking and Dependable
- Problem Solver - Work the Problem
- Care and Professionalism
The right candidate must also believe in these values.
- Interpretation and understanding of project plans and specifications.
- Experience in the construction industry, minimum 3 years
- Valid driver's license with clean and insurable record. CDL not required but always a plus.
- Strong Communication skills with the crew and leadership team
- 10 hour OSHA, Competent Person, Trench Safety, Confined Space, CPR, First Aid, Traffic Control Technician, and Cut Off Saw Training.
- Good organization skills and time management.
- Would need to be able to lift 10 to 70 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Meet project production and labor budgets.
- Job site safety, Public Safety, Weekly safety toolbox talks, Crew enforcement of PPE.
- Understand long-term project schedules, create 1 to 2 weeks look ahead schedules, and discuss with the site project manager.
- Daily pre-task planning, labor, equipment, small tools, and materials.
- Track and report daily production quantities.
- Build teamwork on the crew.
- Overall job site housekeeping
- Making sure utility locates stay current
- Project housekeeping
- Attend company foreman meetings
- Coordinate and Communicate with project inspectors
For more information about our team visit www.pirctobin.com
Benefits Offered: Medical, Health Savings Account with employer contribution, Dental, Allstate Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, 401(K)w/Company Match, Annual Profit-Sharing Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Cell Phone Reimbursement and Direct Deposit.
Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer