APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a ServiceNow Platform Owner. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the ServiceNow platform (“APi Connect”) forward at APi Group. This includes promoting company adoption of the application, as well as the planning, execution, and implementation of new and improved capabilities that meet business needs. You will work closely with many key stakeholders to gather requirements, communicate progress, and mitigate risks.
- Partner with the APi Segments and Companies to promote the adoption and use of ServiceNow. Understand new business needs, document them, and propose ways that ServiceNow can be used to meet those needs.
- On 1/1/2021 APi’s ServiceNow platform will include: Incident, Change, Knowledge Management, Service Catalog, Service Portal
- Build, own, and maintain the technology roadmap for the platform.
- Build the capability around logging feedback and managing enhancement requests for the platform. This includes soliciting feedback and gathering requirements, as well as establishing a prioritization and release methodology.
- Partner with key stakeholders, including Senior IT Leadership, ServiceNow System Administrators, Business Leaders, and IT Professionals.
- Coach and instruct end-users in effective use of the application
- Communicate the value of the solution, not just the features or functionality of the application
- Work closely with the ServiceNow Developer to align on work prioritization, communications, and overall application health
- Track and measure system improvements over time in order to be able to communicate the value of the platform to the business
- Coordinate the testing of patches and upgrades for the ServiceNow platform
- 2+ years of related experience, leading and driving a capability forward.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Visio, etc.
- Excellent and engaging communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, with sensitivity to deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in fast paced environment
- Provide expertise and guidance with respect to any proposed modifications or additions to the platform
- Advanced expertise in system design, requirements gathering, and scripting within the platform
- Familiarity with ServiceNow’s core ITSM capabilities and platform
- Self-directed and motivated
- Light travel is required
- Experience communicating with and influencing senior leaders a plus.
- Business Analysis and/or Project Management experience
- Experience using agile methodologies in management of projects and day to day work
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Familiarity with CMDB, Problem Management, Merger and Acquisition
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment with workflows that support IT General Controls
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.