APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking a ServiceNow Developer. In this role, you will be responsible for defining technical system requirements and making modifications within the ServiceNow platform (“APi Connect”). You will work closely with many key stakeholders (including business leaders, end users, vendor partners, and IT professionals) to analyze business needs, develop appropriate custom solutions and ensure that the solutions met expectations.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain workflows and business process automations within the application
- Support out of the box applications and workflows within ServiceNow including Incident, Change, Knowledge Management, Service Catalog, Service Portal
- Create and maintain documentation and knowledge articles about APi’s ServiceNow platform to promote supportability and scalability
- Coach and instruct end-users in effective use of the application
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the testing of new and updated applications
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and technical strategy related to the platform, and advise IT Leadership when improvements are deemed necessary
- Research and deploy new releases and/or enhancements for ServiceNow
- Works closely with the ServiceNow Platform Owner to align on work prioritization, communications, and overall application health
- Engage other IT professionals within the community to grow the ServiceNow development capability at APi Group
- Lead and/or participate in the testing of patches and upgrades to the ServiceNow platform
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Visio, etc.
- Advanced expertise in system design, requirements gathering, and scripting within the platform
- Familiarity with ServiceNow’s core ITSM capabilities and platform
- Provide expertise and guidance with respect to any proposed modifications or additions to the platform
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, with sensitivity to deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and troubleshooting business rules, workflows, and scripts
- Strong teaching, mentoring, and knowledge transfer skills
- 2+ years of ServiceNow Administration and Development
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Automated Testing Framework
- Microsoft AD/AzureAD Administration: User creation, Groups, Permissions
- 1+ year experience with SQL and relational databases
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment with workflows that support IT General Controls
- Experience using agile methodologies in management of projects and day to day work
- Familiarity with CMDB, Problem Management, Merger and Acquisition
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.