APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant / Project Coordinator.
In this role, you will report to the Vice-President of Risk Management.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the APi Risk Management Team and our operating companies. There will be a specific focus on communication, technology and overall support. We consider the operating companies within the APi Group family to be our customers.
- Coordinate the onboarding of newly acquired companies.
- Assist in creating risk and safety-related internal training, communications and multimedia related to the training.
- Assist corporate safety team in coordinating, collecting, organizing and analyzing all operating company peer-to-peer safety and risk evaluations (STEPS Evaluations) and six month follow-up’s.
- Coordinate and review items needed for our Year-End Report and other regular communications.
- Maintain outlook communication distribution lists.
- Manage special projects as assigned
- Support our department’s Riskonnect (our Risk Management Information System) and our customers with daily troubleshooting and other issues that may arise.
- Assist with Riskonnect leading indicators and lessons learned follow-up, coordination and improvement.
- Assist with Riskonnect meeting minutes, action items, roadmaps, process mapping and other items as requested.
- Assist with other technology projects that will arise as we progress in this area.
- Manage and maintain OSHA Logs in the Riskonnect system.
- Department Support
- Provide support and project assistance to the VP of Risk Management, Risk Manager and Director of Corporate Safety.
- Exercise independent good judgment in handling calls, composing correspondence, preparing reports and presentation materials and scheduling & monitoring workflow, some of which are confidential in nature.
- Manage the VP of Risk Management, Risk Manager and Director of Corporate Safety’s travel (airfare, hotel accommodations, car rental, etc.), calendar, large meeting/events and miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- Coordinate or assist with other risk management initiatives, projects and admin tasks at the direction of the Corporate Senior Safety Leader or the V.P. of Risk Management.
- Coordinate logistics for a wide range of complex meetings and events including but not limited to:
- Safety & Risk Leader Seminar (these include 60+ safety leaders and company leaders from all over North America)
- X-Cup Luncheons
- Contract Specialist Training
- Safety Leadership Taskforce Summits
- Weekly Risk Management team meetings and other department meetings
- LDP, VRP and ERP rotations with our department
- Cristo Rey students
- Executive meetings and strategic planning meetings
- Arrange conference rooms or outside facilities, coordinate set up, tear-down, tech and all other logistics for meetings
- Maintain department project and open task lists, follow-up action items and distribute as needed. Including coordination of follow-up action items from operating company visits.
- Manage our department incoming and outgoing paper mail.
- Maintain our department share calendar.
- Note taking in meetings, sending follow-up summary and action items.
- Assist in delivering on other miscellaneous information requested by our customers.
- Preparing materials for certain meetings, helping with run-through’s and technology support.
- Collaborate with administrative assistants to other corporate departments.
- Overnight business travel estimated at 10%.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint including the ability to create complex financial graphs, charts and tables.
- Exceptional planning, time-management and follow-through.
- Strong relationship building skills, both internal and external.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and initiative.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to all levels of managers, team members, customers, and clients in an intelligent, clear, concise, professional and grammatically correct manner.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and proactively troubleshoot to resolve issues.
- Ability to handle the highest level of confidential information.
- Ability to work under limited direction and supervision.
- Effective project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Professional, energetic, dependable, takes pride in their work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Competencies and Skills:
- Administrative support experience.
- Experience in safety or risk management.
- Construction-related experience.
- RMIS experience, Riskonnect platform experience a plus.
- Dashboard and report building experience with Microsoft Power BI and other platforms.
- Basic financial knowledge.
- Process mapping and writing Scope of Work documents.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is dependent upon experience and education. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, PTO, maternity leave, disability, flexible spending accounts for medical and daycare, employee stock purchase program and 401(k) with employer match.
APi Group’s mission is Building Great Leaders. We do annual performance evaluations, offer up to quarterly Individual Development Plans (IDP’s), engagement surveys and provide regular feedback. Purposeful and positive leaders are able to participate in a variety of leadership development trainings that we offer in-house along with outside seminars and other trainings. APi Group and our family of companies regularly have position openings that offer career growth.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.