Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
Balfour Beatty Infrastructure is looking for talented individuals to join our team on the US-70 James City Improvements Project based in New Bern, North Carolina. The project is a $203 million design-build construction project that will improve the capacity and operational efficiency of a portion of US-70. Our team is currently seeking candidates to fulfill a Project Manager role. This position may assume Project Engineer and/or Segment Manager responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with Project Engineers, Foremen and Superintendents to ensure that work plans are tracked and analyzed to maximize efficiency and safety.
- Analyze and forecast job cost.
- Ensure Quality objectives are being met for the project.
- Supervise the work of other project resources and provide mentoring and coaching.
- Provide support to the Construction Engineers and Project Manager as required.
- Schedule and coordinate by self-performed and subcontracted work.
- Review and approve requisitions for the procurement of services, materials, and equipment necessary to support the project schedule.
- Schedule and coordinate the release of construction design documents in support of the construction schedule.
- Coordinate the preparation and revision of technical work procedures consistent with project design and construction requirements.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Construction Management or a related Engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the construction industry.
- Experience working with NC DOT required.
- Familiar with cost operating systems such as JD Edwards or COINS OA.
- Design-build construction project experience preferred.
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Primavera P6.
- Knowledge of Agtek or equivalent Earthwork Takeoff software.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.