Estimators are an integral part of our company and maintain good working relationships with landscape architects, developers and contractors throughout the Intermountain West. In this role you must have great communication and writing skills, a full understanding of construction cost, pricing, productivity, equipment usage, estimating, understand commercial and residential bid process, including Public Works, bonding, reading blueprints, specifications, & have a vast understanding of what goes into every aspect of landscape construction, including hardscape, softscape, irrigation and specialized trades such as carpentry, masonry & plumbing. Your responsibility is to bid, sale & build relationships that will last a lifetime. Sales expectations range from $1,000,000 - $3,000,000
What You’ll Do:
• Contact project leads generated, bid board websites or from company lead process
• Attend pre-bid & pre-construction meetings
• Review project plans and specifications to assure FWLC is providing a thorough, competitive bid
• Develop project takeoff, estimates & proposals within company software (currently LMN)
• Create job planner, including material list, labor & equipment budgeted hours
• Schedule pre-construction meeting with production team
• Change order pricing & documentation
• Assist Residential Construction with takeoffs, gather pricing & catalog information
• Monitor all forums, news, websites for upcoming projects & opportunities
• Update estimating software, prices, catalog items, overhead & profit margins
• Negotiate best prices, terms & delivery with all vendors
Skills We’re Seeking:
• 5-7 years’ experience as Estimator, landscape foreman or superintendent
• Extensive knowledge of landscape grading, plant identification, softscapes, hardscapes, irrigation, drainage, plan reading, layout and project documentation
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Planswift, CAD & Sketch-up
• Management, interpersonal & organizational skills
Established in 1971, the company bears the name of its founder, Franz Witte, Jr. His legacy of designing and building high end residential landscapes earned the reputation of quality, reliability, and exceptional artistry. 50 years later, we remain one of the top names in the Treasure Valley for landscaping, landscape maintenance, and retail garden supply. With nearly 150 employees and two locations, we’ve preserved Franz’ legacy while staying ahead of our clients’ needs in an ever changing world.
Franz Witte is unique in that we service the entire landscaping vertical market (garden retail, design & construction, and maintenance). Each department addresses our customers’ different sets of needs:
If you’re purpose-driven, a team player, and want to make a difference, apply to become part of the flamingo team!
All employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.