For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor, CO and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc. and CMS.
We are looking to hire an organized, detailed Accounts Payable Assistant. This person will assist with purchasing and accounts payable functions across our various branches and locations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for data entry in our financial system, working closely with project and department managers and outside vendors. This position will also reconcile accounts, provide audit assistance and assist with vendor credit applications. The ideal candidate shows initiative and self-discipline, can multi-task and prioritize, and is a contributing team member who has the desire to make an impact with Jamar.
- High school diploma and minimum two years relevant office experience, or a two-year accounting degree or certification, is required.
- Prior purchasing experience is preferred.
- Must have proven experience in detailed, accurate and timely data entry and organization skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with accuracy and timeliness. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use Sharepoint to track, route, and process vendor invoices electronically.
- Enter purchase orders and vendor invoices into financial system.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts.
- Assist with weekly check preparation and mailing.
- Provide audit assistance as needed.
- Responsible for scanning and electronic document management as assigned.
- Assists with processing vendor credit applications.
- Complete additional assignments and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization skills, team-oriented and has strong attention to detail.
- Ability multi-task, prioritize and meet or exceed deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate and communicate well in a team setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when in the plant, yard or construction area.
- PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment