Reliance Fire Protection, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance capability that has been in business for over 25 years and offers a challenging work environment.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an Inspection Coordinator at our office in Baltimore, MD. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
Life and Disability Insurance Options
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Opens new inspection jobs in the system, ensuring correct information has been entered to accurately bill and maintain the job and to receive a job number.
- May assist in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, and certified payroll information.
- Creates and prepares inspections reports for the inspectors to complete – This may include generating work orders and reports and ensures that the PO numbers are valid.
- May assist in the scheduling of inspections (monthly/quarterly/annually) per the contract with the customer and the Companies inspectors to ensure compliance with state and local codes and the customer’s contract.
- Collects inspection reports from the inspectors in a timely manner and ensures the correct reports are received per job order prior to billing.
- Bills the customer correctly and accurately per the customer’s guidelines.
- Scans and uploads documents to the online document storage system to include invoices, purchase orders, contracts and other information needed based on the customer.
- Other duties as assigned
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills, with advanced proficiency in Excel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures and regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, taxes, interest, commissions, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED with an Associate’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required for this position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting
- May require working on computers or phones consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"