As our next Vegetation Assessor, you’re on your way to the open road and traveling the trails! We keep the lights on anywhere there’s a power line - whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As a Vegetation Assessor, you’ll keep customers and stakeholders informed about the trees and power lines, while ensuring safe delivery of their power and pursuing opportunities to develop sustainable habitat throughout the utility right-of-way. In this role, your office is the great outdoors!
CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
- The CNUC team is made up of highly experienced individuals that come from a wide range of backgrounds including, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Arboriculture/botany, Natural & environmental sciences and the Tree Care Industry among others.
- Identification, inspection, and reporting of trees and brush along powerline corridors.
- Consultation and consenting with landowners and or stakeholders.
- Complete quality assurance and quality control auditing, inspections, and compliance based on client requirements.
- Discuss and negotiate access issues with stakeholders/property owners.
- Safeguards employees and the public from hazards in and around the work area.
- Helps enforce on-the-job safety practices.
- Carries and utilizes materials, tools, and equipment at the work site.
- Services truck and equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for equipment and truck repairs to the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Integrated Resource Management diploma, Forestry Resource Technology diploma, and/or B.S in Forestry is required
- ISA Certification, or be able to obtain within one year from date of employment is preferred
- Utility Tree Trimmer (UTT) or Utility Tree Worker (UTW) required
- Two or more years of Utility Vegetation Management (UVM) field-related experience
- Superior species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
- Valid Driver’s Licence (Class 5 minimum) with a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Travel will be required
While you take care of the power lines, we’ll take care of you and your future. Our benefits include traditional health and wellness coverage, a Deferred Stock Unit (DSU) program, online learning, counseling services, and more.
To apply, visit http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application or send your resume to HR@cnutility.com.