Strategic Insight, Ltd., is seeking a Strategic Planner to support the Missile Defense Agency at their headquarters at Fort Belvoir, VA.
The candidate will apply technical and strategic planning expertise in an agency-wide strategic planning effort, centered on the development of a war room at MDA headquarters. This effort will require frequent work with MDA leaders to understand issues driving the Ballistic Missile Defense System’s threats, research & technology, development, production, test, sustainment, personnel, training, funding, acquisition and engineering processes. This work will be dynamic, fast-moving, and high-level including frequent meetings with some of the nation’s top missile defense talent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of strategic planning constructs for use in a war room.
- Configuration control of war room content.
- Frequent briefings of war room content to senior executives.
- Research of MDA-specific issues across a wide range of topics.
Success for working in this position requires:
- Ability to work with sensitive and classified information.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence, discretion, and personal initiative.
- Self-starter, goal oriented, provides timely feedback on progress made on assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks, handle complex assignments, maintain status across several stakeholders, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy in completing assignments, including good proof reading, grammar, and analytical skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. An engineering, scientific, or technical discipline is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 10 years work experience with DoD, Strategic Planning and/or Air and Missile Defense
- Understanding of DoD processes for research and development, production, test, acquisition and budgeting/finance.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants must have an active Interim Secret DoD clearance at a minimum, with final Top Secret preferred.
Strategic Insight, Ltd., established in 1985, is committed to sustaining excellence and quality growth across our workforce as we strive to improve our clients’ services and products. Strategic Insight staff members enjoy opportunities for growth and are provided with robust benefits from healthcare and 401K to merit bonuses.
Diversity: All staff members are expected to accomplish their work in a businesslike manner, and always be courteous toward all other staff members, clients, business associates, guests, and visitors. All staff members should be treated in a manner free from bias, favoritism, and any form of illegal discrimination.
Ethics: All members of Strategic Insight should be marked by a commitment to excellence, professional integrity, self-discipline and wise judgment. Our employees reflect this by attention to detail, comprehensive staff work, and honorable behavior.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Strategic Insight, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.