Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® (LeadingRE) is the home of the world's market-leading independent residential brokerages in 70 countries, with 550 firms and 135,000 sales associates producing 1.1 million global transactions. Our by-invitation-only network is based on the unparalleled performance and trusted relationships that result in exceptional client experiences.
This position encompasses the development, maintenance, planning, and support for websites, applications, and databases using various technologies driven by business priorities.
The Web Application Developer will be responsible for contributing to the full lifecycle of projects spanning LeadingRE.com, LuxuryPortfolio.com, Institute LMS, and other microsites and applications within a team environment. This role will coordinate across various aspects of applications, assisting where needed to ensure maintenance and new feature requests are incorporated in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be comfortable conceiving the end-result and working towards the final product from a blank sketch. The position requires the candidate to be versatile across multiple technology stacks to assist where needed, with primary development using Laravel framework.
• Build and maintain visually appealing web-based applications. Works to define, design, test, deliver and support web-based solutions across various departments.
• Works efficiently across all areas of development – frontend through backend to build complete end-to-end solutions.
• Ensure proper documentation is maintained for web applications and sites.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for web-based architecture, clean code-writing, security, responsive design, accessibility, usability, and other web coding standards.
• Works closely with a web team and management to ensure final version is up to organizational standards and performs QA of code and user flows produced. Fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems with existing applications.
• Familiarity with backend IT development and how it relates to frontend web development.
• Assume ownership of the solution through development, staging and production.
• Keep codebases up to date.
This position is based in our Chicago Loop Headquarters.
• Internal: Close working relationship with development team, management, and ongoing contact with all employees for application support
• External: External consultants, LeadingRE members, agency partners/vendors
Education and/or Experience:
• BS/BA degree in technology or related degree
• Minimum of 4 years of web development experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Laravel framework
• Bootstrap or similar CSS framework experience
• VueJS or similar frontend framework
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Adobe Creative Suite
Conditions of Work:
• Flexible work hours may be necessary when facing project deadlines
• Limited travel may be required