For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our commercial and industrial customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor, CO and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc. and CMS.
We are looking for an organized, detailed Billing Coordinator to ensure customer billings are done in an efficient and timely manner and customer expectations are met. This person will set up jobs, enter budgets, change orders and other details, verify data accuracy and contractual terms and invoice customers. The ideal candidate shows initiative and self-discipline, has a strong work ethic and time management skills, is a contributing team member and has the desire to make an impact in this role with Jamar.
- High School Diploma; two-year degree in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Minimum two-years’ experience in an office setting.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs; solid working knowledge of Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience with construction invoicing procedures a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop rapport with internal and external customers to ensure customer needs are met in accordance with all contractual agreements.
- Set up jobs as needed to ensure accuracy in data and rates invoiced, verifying they match set rates and contractual terms.
- Enter budgets, change orders and phase codes; ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review all related costs and ensure they are captured before invoicing customer including labor, equipment, and other costs that may apply.
- Invoice customers in accordance with terms and conditions for contract/lump sum and time and material projects.
- Ensure that procedures are followed by project managers to enhance reporting on jobs and speed up the collection process (job set-up, budget information, change controls, etc.). Report exceptions to Billing Supervisor.
- Update billing rates as they expire in accordance with union and customer requirements.
- Create and certify payroll reports as needed.
- Provide project manager, supervisor, other team members and Controller support as needed.
- Attend and participate in team billing coordination meetings.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned, including back-up for front desk reception as needed.
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company; activities would include sister company support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer service oriented
- Shows initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment