Mears Group, Inc.
Welder Job Description
Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
The purpose of this position is to weld pipe in the underground construction industry.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Develops working knowledge of dozens of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components
- Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat resistant gloves, protective mask and safety glasses
- Inspects equipment and structures
- Follows sketches and specifications
- Must demonstrate proficiency in welding by making a test weld in accordance with client’s specifications
- Ability to weld on pipe from any position (i.e. standing, kneeling, lying down on side or back, and in all these positions from a scaffold)
- Must ensure the use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, etc.
- Ability to crawl over and under pipes
- Ability to move about in any type of soil condition and terrain
- Ability to enter and exit trenches by either a ladder or a ramp
- Must be able to handle and use portable electric or air grinders and buffers, pre-heating equipment and hand wire brushes
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive wages
- Industry-leading benefits; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
What is Required?
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- DOT Medical Card – If driving company vehicle
- Excellent reading skills
- Ability to weld according to required specifications
- Must be able to be a subject of loud work environments
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to be a subject of extreme cold and warm outside work environmental temperatures
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- This would require the ability to stand, walk, stoop bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
- Compensation Range: $38.00 per hour
- This position may be eligible for the following:
- Company website: To apply go to our website at mearscareers.net
- Industry-leading benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k).
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.