Mears Group, Inc.
Foreman Job Description
Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality and our people.
The Foreman is a field management role, responsible for organizing and supervising the safe daily operations of utility construction projects. The foreman will manage construction activities to ensure company procedures are followed and includes physically demanding work
What Do You Offer Us?
- Supervise and monitor daily operations by planning and managing to job specifications
- Maintain all necessary paperwork and documentation
- Oversee safety by modeling behaviors and providing corrective action when appropriate
- Support crew by operating equipment and doing labor as needed
- Pre-survey job location and ensure utility locates have been performed
- Manage and develop effective customer and employee relations
- Ability to analyze and resolve work challenges.
- Secure work site to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials
- Coach, train, and evaluate employees’ and guide towards goal achievement
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive wages
- Industry-leading benefits; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
What is Required?
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching
- DOT Medical Card – If driving company vehicle
- Computer Skills
- Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills
- Must be able to be a subject of loud work environments
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to be a subject of extreme cold and warm outside work environmental temperatures
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- This would require the ability to stand, walk, stoop bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
- Compensation Range: $25.00-$32.00 per hour
- This position may be eligible for the following:
- Company website: To apply go to our website at mearscareers.net
- Industry-leading benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k).
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.