Mears Group, Inc.
Operator Job Description
Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Operators work with a team to safely install and replace underground utilities. Duties for an Operator include working in an outdoor construction setting doing physically demanding work. Operators utilize various construction equipment and assists craft workers in performing their assigned duties.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Operation of heavy equipment including excavators, backhoes, front end loaders and skid steers to excavate or move dirt, rock and other materials
- Load or assist with loading materials or equipment
- Prepare pre-trip equipment prior to mobilizing to job site
- Assist in securing work site, equipment at the end of each shift
- Prepare documents, reports, or job aids related to work, equipment, and safety
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Weekly Payroll
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
- Industry-leading benefits; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k).
What is Required?
- Must hold a valid Class A CDL
- Must possess a valid DOT Medical Card
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Pass Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods with repeated lifting (Up to 50 lbs.), kneeling, crawling, climbing and reaching.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
- Compensation Range (hourly or salary): $23.00 -$27.00 per hour
- This position may be eligible for the following:
- Company website: To apply go to our website at mearscareers.net
- Industry-leading benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k).
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.