Superintendent | Bouten Construction Company | Spokane, WA
Bouten is seeking a Superintendent eager to step into a leadership role on our commercial construction projects. Bouten Superintendents are an important member of our project teams and act as the liaison between project team members and our clients. You’ll be responsible for all field operations, including monitoring all field procedures, safety, work methods, productivity, quality, labor cost projections and trade partner staffing requirements. At Bouten, safety for all our employees is our number one priority, therefore it is essential for the Superintendent to demonstrate and uphold our Safety Culture.
Our ideal candidate goes beyond the listed functions and responsibilities – we are looking for someone who is dedicated to project success. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multitask a variety of tasks for your projects.
If you are looking for a position that provides development and leadership opportunities and the tasks below sound fulfilling, we would love to hear from you.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Leads the consistent practice of Bouten’s Safety Culture as part of the daily operating procedures
- Ensures daily inspections, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s), Pre-Task Planning, Toolbox Talks, Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s), etc. are standard operating procedure
- Addresses lack of accountability or alignment to Bouten’s Safety Culture quickly and appropriately
- Manage field projects of the field and internal teams to ensure that projects are delivered safely, on time, on budget, and with high-quality results
- Ensures project schedules, site logistics and client schedule commitments are met
- Provide constructability reviews and site logistics development
- Perform safety audits and address safety concerns as they arise
Leadership and Communication
- Recruit, mentor, develop and retain the best Foreman and tradespeople in the industry
- Mentor and develop Foreman and Craft Labor in their career growth with Bouten
- Champion company initiatives and communications to field teams on a consistent and regular basis
- Manages conflict well, finding the cause of issues and providing prompt solutions
- Addresses performance issues decisively and objectively
- Foster and encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Excellent follow-up and attention to details
- Sense of urgency on important matters
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Team-oriented, collaborative, resourceful, and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and creative skills
- Ability to maintain focus on goals, combined with the flexibility to pivot when necessary
- A self-starter, results-oriented individual
- High school diploma and completed an apprenticeship or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience as a commercial general construction superintendent experience required
- Healthcare experience desired
- Project size >$3.0 - 15.0 m
- Certificates/Licenses – valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Diverse project experience
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Procore, Timberline Project Management and Primavera Scheduling experience
- Carpenter's Union benefits
Location: Spokane, WA. See www.Visitspokane.com