Company Name: Fischer Paper Products
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Antioch, IL
Due to continued growth, Fischer Paper Products is currently seeking a full-time Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
This position will report directly to the VP/General Manager and will cover a broad base of responsibilities. In this role, you will collaborate with the management team and executive leadership to foster a strong, unified culture of synergy and cross-functional teamwork.
As we are a growing business, this role will focus on driving changes and improvements. We’ve recently expanded and moved into our brand new facility which means you’ll get to help establish processes and build out the supply chain function.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about developing teams and growing together towards success!
You will enjoy it here if…
- You are a strong visionary leader who likes to help others succeed
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can successfully juggle multiple tasks at once
- You enjoy collaborating and working with a dynamic team
- You pay great attention to detail, are well organized and an expert problem solver
Fischer Paper Products is a family-owned company with more than three generations of experience in manufacturing and supplying high-quality, food-safe paper products. We continually invest in technology, people, and process improvements to deliver sustainable and customized food packaging solutions to our diverse customer base.
What We Offer
- Strong potential for development and career growth
- A friendly, business casual work environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + company sponsored Medical Reimbursement Program + 401(k) with employer matching + additional life and well-being offerings
This position will focus on 3 key areas:
- Production Planning & Inventory Control
- Freight & Logistics
You’ll drive building best practices, implementing processes and improvements, and overall business intelligence within these areas. A primary focus of the position will be to ensure optimum utilization of materials, workers, and machines by utilizing a data-driven approach.
Critical areas of focus include…
- Lead and develop the PPIC and Warehouse to be high performance teams!
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources necessary to maintain efficient and effective scheduled production
- Ensure required quantity of supplies and materials are available to optimize production
- Analyze and report on performance metrics and benchmarks, and develop plan of action for continuous improvement
- Develop solid practices to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety
- Monitor for optimal warehousing, shipment, and transportation of customer orders to ensure consistent on-time delivery
- Serve as an escalation point for any supply chain disruptions
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of supply chain experience within the manufacturing industry
- Experience in paper or foodservice industries a plus
- 3+ years leading cross-functional teams to drive transformational improvements and changes
- Strong experience in production planning & inventory control
- Expertise in ERP systems, business intelligence tools and analytical skills
- Demonstrated business partner and leadership skills with ability to scope and understand business needs and define and implement solutions
- Strong team development, problem-solving and change management skills
- Professional and positive approach
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communications skills
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.