Brink Constructors, Inc., a Quanta Services Company, is an electrical contractor with 70 years of experience in the areas of high voltage transmission line, substation construction, distribution work, and residential, commercial, and industrial electrical work. With a long and industrious history, our experienced team continues to help power the nation from its Midwestern location in Rapid City, SD, now and into the future.
Ever since its first days of service, the Brink philosophy has always been to “work safely, maintain equipment, provide quality construction, complete each project in a timely manner to the satisfaction of everyone concerned, and never leave a job site without knowing we would be welcomed back.” This is still our philosophy today.
Becoming a member of the Brink team is more than "just a job" or satisfactory employment—at Brink, we build careers, and we invest in the future of our people. Apply today!
This is a full time salary/exempt position and requires up to 30% of travel.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Director oversees organizational compliance with local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. This position ensures that environmental policy and procedure manuals are available and updated at all times. This position ensures compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization. The EHS Director will also foster the development of a comprehensive safety culture that incorporates personal safety and wellness, community safety, operational risk, contractor safety, and compliance and training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure environmental annual testing and reporting is completed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Develop SPCC plans as required for projects and develop training and procedures to ensure compliance by employees and subcontractors.
- Manage hazardous waste disposal.
- Develop and coordinate routine audits to ensure compliance
- Work with leadership team to develop and execute EHS strategy.
- Manage and direct safety resources on projects across the U.S.
- Develop and maintain safety programs, policies and procedures that meet or exceed all local, state and federal regulations and industry best practices.
- Develop training programs to ensure employees are properly trained.
- Develop safety plans for internal use and in partnership with project owners.
- Execute safety initiatives and programs to attain industry leading results.
- Manage safety training and education.
- Complete formal incident investigations.
- Manage internal safety management systems and data.
- Provide EHS reporting to company leadership and employees.
- Complete annual required local, state and federal reporting.
- Manage contractor prequalification programs.
- Foster communication of best practices, accident prevention, near misses, etc. across the organization. Provide for enhanced analysis and safety-related reporting for all levels of the organization on a daily, weekly, monthly, annual and as needed basis.
- Effectively manage, directly and indirectly, the safety professionals and support staff to achieve established goals, further the development and expertise of the team, ensure compliance with internal policy and external regulation, and administer programs to include DOT compliance services, random drug testing, medical exams, and PPE.
- Support the Insurance and other Departments for the effective management of Worker's Compensation and disability claims, and HR in companywide wellness programs.
- Maintain strong partnership with customer safety teams and corporate safety team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, NESC
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS or similar degree and/or 5+ years safety leadership experience with electrical work including extra high voltage transmission and distribution construction, overhead and underground utility work and commercial and industrial electrician work.
- Professional Safety training such as National Safety Council Advanced Safety Certificate, Certified Utility Safety Administrator and/or Certified Safety Professional is a plus.
- Drug Free Workplace – must submit and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report to operate company vehicles
- Excellent proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Inventory systems
- Demonstrated leadership in enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Demonstrated success improving safety performance across multiple locations, industries, or business types.
- Demonstrated success using data analysis to establish priorities, weight solutions, and obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Knowledge of workers compensation regulation and practices.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and regulations.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships and trust at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical ability and process improvement orientation.
Benefits and Perks
- 17 days of PTO – prorated on hire date
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paternal Leave available
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Other voluntary options:
- Short Term Disability
- Supplemental Individual, Spouse, & Child Life Insurance
- Accident & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Health Plan (HDHP 5,000 – other plan options available for cost)
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Many corporate discounts offered for computers, phones, gym memberships, groceries, entertainment, and more
Brink Constructors, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Brink Constructors, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with you Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Brink Constructors, Inc. will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or veteran status.