Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Atlas Oil Company is an energy leader redefining what it means to be a transportation and distribution company. We’ve built a culture that emphasizes innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to meet the needs of our customers, our team and our community. Now we’re looking for energetic and driven individuals to help take our business to the next level.
As an Atlas team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Atlas team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us. We offer our team members a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match, and paid time off. Atlas’ unique profit sharing program, SharePOWER means every team member has a stake in our company’s success. In addition to that, our tuition reimbursement program means you can access exceptional professional development opportunities to drive your career to new heights.
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
Under minimum supervision, responsible for prospecting, closing and “hands-on” managing of accounts in the southeastern Michigan market for petroleum sales to construction, industrial and transportation companies. Works to increase sales and resolve issues/concerns with existing customers. Actively solicits new business leads through referrals and cold calling. Follows up on leads, generates reports, and documents daily activities. Completes a minimum of twenty-five (25) sales calls per day, via phone and electronically. Of these, at least ten (10) will be with new business leads.
- Increase sales and resolve issues with current customers
- Generate, build up, and contact prospect list for the purpose of identifying qualified candidates (customers) to obtain new and expand existing customer business
- Interface with Account Executives by forwarding qualified candidates for the purpose of initiating new contracts or expanding services of existing customers.
- Actively solicits new business leads through referrals and cold calling on a daily basis
- Completes a minimum of twenty-five (25) sales calls per day. Of these, ten (10) will be with new business leads, utilizing email, fax, internet, phone, print, referrals and other means throughout the course of normal business
- Communicate directly with current customers to generate more volume, enhance customer relations and to resolve any issues/concerns on behalf of customer
- Follows up on all leads provided via referral, solicited through cold-calling or provided by other members of the Atlas Team
- On a daily basis, reports and documents detailed activities in a call-report format, for all existing accounts and new business
- By Friday each week, submits a weekly summary and update for week’s activities. Provides information on account activity during sales meetings, via email, or when otherwise requested by Team Leader
- Prepares all documents associated with new business activity to include credit applications and sales brochures
- Works with tank wagon team to maximize margin and logistic opportunities for delivered loads
- Works with supply team to identify sales opportunities under dynamic market conditions to move gallons
- Interface with marketing team on initiatives to promote Atlas Oil business markets to new and existing customers
- Attends all sales related meetings and training sessions
- May be responsible for preparing/researching information pertinent to the meeting or training session
- Serves as a conduit to the outside sales team for following up on any customer issues to ensure prompt results
- Administer reports relating to sales, ROI, proposals, customer trends, and related sales activities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent skills in organization, prioritization, time management, and problem-solving
- Self starter with a sense of urgency and follow up
- Ability to connect key concepts and ideas with implementation into daily tasks and projects
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Must have good math skills and ability to generate reports
- Petroleum industry experience preferred
Required Education & Certification:
- Four (4) year degree in business, marketing, or related discipline
- High school diploma and 1-year experience may substitute for degree
Why You Will Love to Come to Work Every Day:
Atlas is a fast-paced, goal-oriented company, with an unquenchable thirst for success. Team members work hard, love what they do, focus on customers, and have fun in the process. Winning attitudes abound, we recruit, hire, train, retain, and reward the best talent in the industry.
What stands out to visitors is our warm, inviting atmosphere and our dynamic energy directed to guests, co-workers and customers. Our Core Values are alive in our environment. Atlas Oil Company’s CEO, Sam Simon personally facilitates his course on Corporate Culture to newly hired team members.
Atlas Oil Company’s Core Values are not just words on a paper. We believe in them. We live by them. They are an important component of how we operate on a daily basis. They are as follows:
- Collaborative Innovation
- Pride and Image
- Customer Focus
- Solution Driven
- Do the Right Thing
Integrity, innovation, personal and professional growth, combined with a strong passion to win, contribute to the phenomenal growth and successes Atlas has experienced. We create Win/Win Solutions and operate with the highest possible standards of business and professional ethics.
Team members are our most valuable assets - if you are dynamic, dedicated to producing quality results, and possess the necessary job qualifications, please consider joining our team!
Atlas Oil Company’s dedication to quality is not only reflected in our products and services but also in our team members. At Atlas Oil Company, we are committed to providing:
- Our consumer with a total fuel solution
- Our team members with career challenges and rewards
- Our communities with support and assistance
Our work environment is positive, upbeat, business casual and welcoming to everyone. Being an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse workforce with team members located in multiple states. We advocate an open-door policy, teamwork, career growth, and promoting from within. Our team members are our most valuable assets and we invest in them through seminars, training and rewarding career opportunities.