Who is UFS?
UFS is the community bank technology outfitter that inspires confidence for community banks, by providing purpose-built solutions that make technology work for them, instead of the other way around. Founded in 1991, our purpose is to Empower Community Banks and Our People to Thrive – Together. We live that Purpose by always putting people first in our decisions and actions.
Our engaged culture is strongly influenced by the passion our team members bring while serving Community Banks and their communities. We believe in encouraging confidence in each other and delivering solutions that make our customers confident with us. To that end we seek out problem solvers, creative thinkers and engaged individuals that thrive in a fast-paced yet supportive environment.
We believe engaged employees lead to loyal customers, which in turn drives results for our business. We are caring, intense, and approachable, and have a lot of fun along the way. Tuesdays - we have Virtual Trivia Time, Thursdays - you might find us out on the patio playing cornhole, and you never know what to expect on “Friday Funday”.
Role Description: Working either in office or remote as determined by your Manager, you will be a part of a talented team of individuals. You will be tasked with analyzing the company’s operating applications to provide optimal performance and integration of resources supporting the technological environment. You will modify, code, test, debug, and document programs for operating systems, compilers, tools and utilities, multi programming, and telecommunication systems. This role researches and studies new products, tests for compatibility, evaluates, and makes recommendations for purchase, as well as analyzes performance, maintains efficiency, and resolves problems.
Primary Responsibilities: Overall accountability for this role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Provide support for assigned applications, ensuring high availability
- Provide hands-on and remote troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Drive efforts to proactively identify application or system issues improving availability and performance
- Ensure application Service Level Agreements are exceeded by maintaining ownership of incidents through resolution
- Complete projects, coordinate with team members and provide status updates
- Assist on entry phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Track problems and bugs; communicate with customer as resolutions are implemented
- Coordinate the prompt diagnosis and resolution of infrastructure issues that have an impact on the document management/production environment
- Manage demands of deadlines that are responsible for all data circuit connectivity orders; coordinate, install and ensure proper start-up of data circuits to processing banks
- Perform troubleshooting techniques to solve connectivity problems while working with appropriate vendors for resolution
- Stay current on security-related issues and analyze the impact on UFS; make recommendations for security management and monitoring processes
- Generate and maintain virtual servers; perform cloning tasks and snapshots and monitors performance
- Responsible for workstation/server security
- Produce workstation and server security scans and resolve issues
- Perform problem-solving duties for supported applications for internal and external customers
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and support of company servers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 year experience with application, desktop/server support
- Fiserv Premier experience required
- IBM Cognos experience
- MS SQL experience
- IBM DB2 experience
- Recent (within the last five years) experience in the banking industry is preferred
Knowledge and Skill:
- Working knowledge of security practices relating to workstations, servers, internet, etc.
- Ability to use troubleshooting techniques to resolve PC workstation hardware and software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to install and upgrade PC and server operating systems
- Understand Microsoft Active Directories
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS
Our Competitive Benefits Package:
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401k program with employer match up to 6%
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- term and Short- term Disability Insurance
- Work from Home stipend
Personal and Professional Development:
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Vibrant Leadership Development Program
- Optional Employee and Family Events: Virtual Family Fun Nights, Coffee Chats, Trivia Tuesdays