Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short-Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident, and Vision
- Corporate Advantage Partnership Education Program with Mount Mercy University and Upper Iowa University
The Food Reservoir Warehouse Technician is responsible for assisting with all phases of the day-to-day operation of the warehouse, including the pick-up and/or delivery of the Food Reservoir products and food boxes using Food Reservoir vehicles. This position actively interacts with retail food donors and volunteers. In addition, the Warehouse Technician follows all Feeding America, AIB, and Food Reservoir food safety and safe driving requirements as well as completion of all required daily documentation.
Hours and Wage:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm; $14.35/hour.
- Safely transport food products using the agency vehicle (both donations pick up and deliveries as requested by Supervisor).
- Maintain proper storage and distribution of warehouse products in compliance with Feeding America’s food safety guidelines.
- Responsible for tracking maintenance of a vehicle, proper fuel levels, documenting mileage, and communicating any repairs or vehicle checks needed on vehicles, tires, and equipment used to Operations/Warehouse Manager.
- Respond to a team member, partner agency, and supervisor needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the food reservoir vehicle and the warehouse in compliance with AIB Food Safety Standards.
- Pick agency orders for distribution as needed.
- Follow inventory controls to ensure efficiencies and quality inventory control.
- Properly document required temperature check, poundage, and item donation documentation and submit daily reports as required by food reservoir, Feeding American and AIB.
- Follow all warehouse rules and inventory controls according to a FIFO (First In – First Out) system.
- Operate a forklift and electric pallet jack to complete the necessary work.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work attitude with team members, retail donors, Partner Agencies, and management staff.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Assist with all phases of the day-to-day operation of the warehouse facility including proper storage and distribution of warehouse products, maintaining order and cleanliness in the warehouse, and picking agency orders for distribution.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Ensure the confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 1-year related experience, preferably in food warehousing and/or delivery.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and customer orders.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to follow and communicate instructions.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to solve practical problems with flexibility.
- Experience operating a forklift and electric pallet jack.
Skills and/or Abilities
Ability to read and write and keep records utilizing basic mathematical skills.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to climb in and out of the delivery truck multiple times daily. Ability to load and unload product. Ability to drive a vehicle with multiple stops daily.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold as well as extreme heat and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Proof of valid Driver’s license
- Proof of valid personal car insurance