Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life and Voluntary Accident, Vision
- Corporate Advantage Partnership Education Program with Mount Mercy University and Upper Iowa University
The position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and implementation of the Food Reservoir Agency Relations and Food Reservoir programs (BackPack, Senior Totes, School Pantries, Mobile Pantries, and others as developed). The Program Manager will increase capacity, ensure compliance and help improve food access for the hungry in assigned counties that the HACAP Food Reservoir serves.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE 8 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday. $22.36 per hour.
- Monitors Food Reservoir member agencies and programs in accordance with Feeding America, USDA, AIB, Serv Safe, and Food Reservoir policies.
- Raises program and partnership awareness in the communities served through targeted activities and conversations.
- Ensure 100% compliance with USDA, Feeding America, and all regulatory audits with Partner Agencies and for all Food Reservoir programs.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and files and with required program documentation, according to Feeding America guidelines.
- Reviews all applications for Food Reservoir partner or program membership for completeness. Schedules and conducts pre-approval site visits for applicants.
- Conducts member agency orientations and training for new agencies/programs and works with Assistant Director to coordinate quarterly training for all member agencies, addressing Food Reservoir procedures as well as Feed America and TEFAP guidelines, sanitation, etc.
- Serves as the main contact with designated agencies/program partners about changes in requirements and/or procedures, as well as special activities and products at the Food Reservoir.
- Maintains a database of key contact numbers served by member agencies/programs.
- Works closely with all programs to increase food access in all counties and decrease barriers for those seeking food.
- Supervise and assist coordination as well as communication of programs with the community at large to ensure smooth and complimentary scheduling that provides seamless access for the hungry to access food throughout the service area.
- Reviews member agency activity and conducts audits to identify programs not utilizing the program, questionable activities or orders, complaints, and non-payment of accounts.
- Ensures programs are effectively and efficiently serving the underserved areas when the Food Reservoir Director targets them.
- Works closely with Operations Manager to ensure proper food is available for all Food Reservoir programs on a timely basis.
- Completes reports as directed by the Food Reservoir management.
- Responsible for distribution methods to ensure the Food Reservoir’s compliance with Feeding American’s MPIN in counties served with the goal to achieve 100% distribution in all counties. Contribute to the achievement of the Food Reservoir’s strategic and program/distribution objectives.
- Keep all information up to date and accessible to Food Reservoir Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Consistently work positively and cooperatively with fellow team members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to flexibly changing situations to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Assist with all phases of the day-to-day operation of the warehouse facility including proper storage and distribution of warehouse products, maintaining order and cleanliness in the warehouse, and picking agency orders for distribution.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- College degree with one year experience, Associates degree with three years of experience or High School diploma, and five years related experience, preferably in a food pantry, operations, communication, human services, or related field;
- Experience coordinating volunteers;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office, and use of the internet.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to climb in and out of the delivery truck multiple times daily. Ability to load and unload product. Ability to drive a vehicle with multiple stops daily. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high heat and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Reliable transportation for on-the-job use.
- ServSafe Training certificate within 30 days of employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.