Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short-Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident, and Vi
Organized, detail-oriented team player with a passion for providing excellent service for internal and external customers while creating rewarding, fun, and meaningful volunteer experiences that connect community members with the HACAP Food Reservoir’s vision to feed people in need and ending hunger. Primary responsibility is to recruit, orient, and place an average of 7,000 volunteers per year in the organization and grow that number in support of our strategic goals.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm, $22.36 per hour.
- In conjunction with HACAP Volunteer Manager, recruit and schedule volunteers to provide the necessary support for the HACAP Food Reservoir while providing meaningful stewardship and cultivation of Food Bank supporters.
- Raise awareness and develop a volunteer pool through participation in volunteer fairs and community events and by working with organizations that provide volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer participation through regular communication, scheduling, record keeping.
- Maintains communication records for all volunteers.
- Ensure appropriate staff coverage in all programs and events where volunteers are scheduled.
- Orient, train, and place volunteers.
- Work cooperatively with all HACAP Food Reservoir programs to ensure an efficient and successful volunteer program.
- Educate the public, volunteers, and donors about childhood hunger by providing onsite tours of the warehouse and attending speaking engagements in the community as needed.
- Follow and teach all required compliance and food safety policies/procedures with volunteers.
- Assist with planning and coordinating annual holiday distributions and projects.
- Completes reports as directed by the Food Reservoir Director or Program/Agency Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Consistently work positively and cooperatively with fellow team members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to flexibly changing situations to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Assist with all phases of the day-to-day operation of the warehouse facility including proper storage and distribution of warehouse products, maintaining order and cleanliness in the warehouse, and picking agency orders for distribution.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- BA degree in human services, education, business administration or closely related field
Associate degree in office management, executive assistant or related field and two years office management experience
- Experience communicating in groups or public settings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills with strong attention-to-detail.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to staff, governance volunteers and the public.
- Ability to complete work via our online ordering system.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to be forklift trained and perform work in a warehouse environment.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to climb in and out of the delivery truck multiple times daily. Ability to load and unload product. Ability to drive a vehicle with multiple stops daily. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high heat and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Reliable transportation for on-the-job use.
- Required to become forklift certified.
- Required to pass food safety training.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.