Finding the right fit:
Our Geospatial team provides a wide variety of survey and mapping services to clients in both private and public sectors, including our own internal projects generated from our multi-disciplined company. These services are supported by a cohesive national team of geospatial professionals including Professional Survey and Mappers, crew chiefs, technicians, and project managers, bringing consistency and flexible resources to our employees and clients.
We are seeking a survey project manager who is passionate about the survey profession, has a strong technical ability, and has the leadership capabilities to obtain new and repeat work. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who is ready to build a land survey presence in Florida. As a team member of land survey, you will be encouraged to lead and work on a variety of survey functions that allow you to build a team, and your career.
Success will be defined by your ability to handle multiple priorities, represent Ayres professionally through strong communication and relationship-building skills, as well as provide mentorship for the development of staff. Remaining flexible will be key as the job responsibilities will fluctuate with overtime and occasional out-of-town travel expected.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Develop scopes, cost estimates, and proposals.
- Have direct input on the development of the Florida survey team.
- Network and develop relationships with internal and external clients, and others in your industry.
- Support survey technicians through all aspects of the project.
- Perform QA/QC on survey projects.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying or related field.
- Professional Surveyor and Mapper (PSM) in Florida.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5 -10 years of diverse field/office experience in survey, performing topographic surveys, construction staking, boundary surveys, right-of-way plats, and control surveys.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Proven ability to monitor project budgets to a successful outcome, oversee project teams, and meet client expectations, schedule, scope, etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Familiar with FDOT practices and requirements.
- Ability to take direction from numerous individuals, and channel strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to recognize and embrace new geospatial technologies.
- Desire and ability to become a licensed PLS in multiple states outside of Florida.
- Ability to conduct effective client presentations.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities