Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company database. Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes. Resolves database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
The ability to self-manage and work independently is a must as this role is a remote role. Candidate must be available during the 8am - 5pm EST timeframe.
• Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using native and 3rd party tools.
• Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of EDB PostgreSQL for production, pre-production and non-production environments.
• Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the non-production (Sandbox, development, test, UAT, Training), pre-production (Staging) and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
• Ensuring optimal database performance through exhaustive pro-active testing and ongoing real-time monitoring.
• Monitor and maintain the backups for database recoverability for all production databases.
• At least twelve (4) years of experience in administering on-prem/cloud based multi user environment with expertise in planning, designing, building, and implementing complex database systems.
• In depth knowledge of the EDB PostgreSQL DB architecture.
• Must have experience working in the database domain with at least four (4) years of experience managing all operations of RDBMS databases such as Oracle/SQL Server/DB2 with a minimum of two (2) years of EDB PostgreSQL DB.
• Prior AWS cloud base Postgres database administration experience
• Experience in testing database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to established best practices.
• A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related technical discipline is required.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
TCC holds multiple MS Certifications, including a Gold Certification level in both Application Development and Hosting, as well as a Silver Data Center Certification. In addition to Microsoft, TCC is also a Registered Partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III assessed development organization that utilizes the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard processes for IT service management that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. To maximize these practices, TCC encourages staff members to gain ITIL certifications, and even offers study courses and material in-house.