Civil Structural Engineer
Infrastructure Design Group, Inc. is a civil engineering and land surveying services firm providing professional services to public and private clients in the southeast South Dakota region. We provide professional engineering, surveying, and consulting services to local municipalities, county and state DOT’s, and other state departments, as well as private sector clients. We have an immediate opening for a full-time Civil Structural Engineer to kick off 2021, seeking candidates located in either our Sioux Falls, SD, Mitchell, SD or Watertown, SD offices.
What you get to do!
As a Civil Structural Engineer, you will work with engineers, surveyors, and technicians to complete engineering analysis, studies, and designs, drawings, layouts, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs using computer-aided drafting software. Work includes field investigations and inspections. We are interested in a motivated individual capable of taking on multiple responsibilities as a team player. The position will focus on structural engineering projects including, bridges, box culverts, tunnels, and retaining walls but will also assist other engineers with municipal and transportation related work.
What you need to have!
Structural Engineer position requires a BS degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of experience related to bridge design and inspections. Candidate should have:
- South Dakota Professional Engineer License or ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Understanding and practical experience in applying AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design
- Understanding of South Dakota DOT procedures and standards (preferred)
- Experience utilizing structural analysis design software (AASHTOware, BRASS and RISA preferred)
- Completed a minimum of 4 bridge designs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Previous bridge inspection experience (preferred)
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D or Microstation/InRoads familiarity (preferred)
- Requires a good working knowledge of construction documents and technical structures knowledge
What you get from us!
Infrastructure Design Group, Inc. offers a competitive salary $80K-110K (depending on qualifications) with relocation assistance PLUS full benefits - health insurance, dental, vision, 401k with company match, PTO, paid holidays, and 100% company paid group life insurance, short & long term disability and an excellent team culture!
If this is a perfect fit for you, apply with us! *Upload resume & cover letter (resume should include a list of past bridge designs completed, including type of bridge, location, and owner of the bridge).
Sioux Falls and South Dakota is full of adventure & great place to live in the midwest, see for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTehfsx6mFY