For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our service, industrial and commercial customers. We’re headquartered in Duluth, MN with offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor, CO and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc., and CMS Mechanical Services.
We are seeking qualified candidates for an Internship within our Specialty Fabrication department that will also focus on Business Development. The ideal intern, under general supervision, will assist with CAD drafting and estimating procedures, learn project workflow, work with the BD team to generate lists and provide input on customer briefs, presentations and sales literature, and gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of the team. The intern will be required to deliver a “report-out” presentation at the end of the assignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Sales, Marketing or Business, or related field of study, or undergraduate college student who is or will be a junior at a 4-year university in the fall of 2021.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and consistent with our values and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate/execute assigned projects and ensure that functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/ identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals. Implement corrective actions as directed.
- Track project milestones and priorities, ensuring that deadlines are met or exceeded.
- Safely manage all operations in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Work closely with Business Development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
- Prepare and present a report summarizing the intern experience at the end of the assignment.
- Represent the company both internally and externally in a professional manner consistent with our values and mission.
- Actively participate in programs, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company and corporation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to grasp concepts and think analytically to turn them into practical solutions
- Influences others, develops positive professional relationships
- Possesses a self-starter approach to assignments and responsibilities
- Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability
- Can handle sensitive situations and/or materials with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and juggle tasks, deadlines and priorities required
- Works independently, can foresee needs and has initiative to meet them
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness